You might notice that it is snowing on our blog! I guess if we can’t get it to snow outside, we will have to get it somehow. It is getting closer to Christmas, hopefully this snow will get us in the spirit.
Marking text was the theme for the day. Everyone did a really good job at this. Now with a little practice you will be experts. Next the social studies books will be filed with “Sticky” notes and studying for a test will be both easier and more efficient than ever. Watch those test scores soar.
TASK SHEET, December 4, 2012:
- Grade and discuss Blog activity – punctuation
- Free reading
- Text marking with highlighting and “Sticky” notes – “The Trouble With Texting”
- What book are you CURRENTLY reading? Write down the title and author.
- Give a short summary of what this book is about. This does not have to be long. Just a general overview of the main idea and plot. You may mention something about the characters as well. Some of these will be shared with the class.
- Would you recommend this to a friend?
- Must have the book with you tomorrow to show the class.
SUPPLIES for TOMORROW:
- Free reading book
- Blog activity – book information
- Article (“The Trouble With Texting”) from today.
Please remember to make an appointment with our counselor, Mrs. Schriber, to plan for your classes as a freshman next year. This is very important and needs to be done as soon as possible. Thanks, we really appreciate it.
DON’T FORGET TO BRING, if possible:
- Extra “sticky” notes – we use alot of these
- Extra pencils – where do all of these go?
- Free reading books
Today was a very productive day. Thanks to all of you for that and for making all of my days so great. You are what every teacher hopes to have their classes each day.
**BLOCK 1 – remember to get ALL of your work done. I know you can do it.
***DOUBLE “PAWS” for anyone signing up to follow the blog and having their parents sign-up!!!
Enjoy the snow!