Here we are starting another busy week. Here is what you need to know for today:
- Everyone should be actively reading their Literature Circle novel. Here is the breakdown of pages and the day you should have that number of pages read. Today is our 6th day, so look at where you are and where you need to be. If you are ahead, just continue to read, you don’t want to get behind. Book Breakdown (3)
- If you need to catch up on your reading, you can check out a book each day. Come in anytime from 8th period until the end of the day and get a book. The book MUST be returned before 1st period the next day.
- Today with The Diary of Anne Frank there was a “suitcase” activity. The writing portion needs to be completed on your kidblog site. As you are writing, think about everything that was discussed today about how to make your writing the best it can be. There is a chance that some of these will be shared tomorrow. The prompt will be listed below in the assignments.
Agenda, January 14, 2013
- Discussed how to make writing better and shared blog posts
- Explained “Book Picks” that will be completed Thursday
- Completed suitcase activity in novel groups
- Read novels
- Think about what book you will choose for your “Book Pick”. Look at this form to know the information you will need BOOK PICKS
- Complete the “suitcase” writing on your kidblog. Anne Frank Suitcase Activity writing
- Do some independent reading, remember to fill out your reading log and try to get 100 pages this week. You will need information from this book later in the week
- Be thinking about what roles in your Literature Circle groups that each person should have.
Supplies: same as always
Have a great Monday night, see you tomorrow.