Well, after a little bump in the road, I am back! Today started with a school wide lock-down drill. While we never anticipate a need for this, it always better to be prepared. The students did a wonderful job and took the drill very seriously.
Just a few reminders to everyone that the “Book Talks” will begin next Wednesday, so if you have anything to finish – now is the time. Also, the multi-media presentations will be due February 11 – 14, so again, make sure you are getting things organized and finalized.
AGENDA, January 31, 2013:
- 20 minutes of “catch up” time – blogs, novels, and free reading
- Novel Groups – working on “Book Talks”
- Research groups – multi-media presentation
- Keep working on group presentations – both novel & research
- Block 1 – Complete at least one Achieve 3000 story
- Blocks 2 & 3 – Tween Tribune – Daily Quiz and one article
- Blog topic: Compare and contrast the characters of Anne and Peter. This should be completed in at least two paragraphs – one for the things that are alike about them, one for the things that are different about them.