Here we are, the final Monday before spring break. The weather outside our window sure didn’t resemble spring at all. One thing is for sure, the weather can only get better this week. The week before a vacation is always a difficult week to concentrate, but because we have so many things to keep us busy, we will be doing our best.
There are not many things to write about today so I will get down to business.
AGENDA, March 18, 2013:
- Block 1 – Achieve 3000, assigned article
- Block 2 & 3 – Free Read & Exit Ticket
- Skills Assessment Lesson 1
- Grade Context Clues page 38, 39, & 40 (This is on the March 13, 2013 blog post)
- Blocks 2 & 3 – True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle to page 32
- Block 1 – finish assigned Achieve article
- Blocks 2 & 3 – free read
- All Blocks – remember to be keeping up with your reading logs, I will check these again next week after we go to the library
- MYSTERY ACTIVITY: We will be starting Main Idea tomorrow, so in preparation for that your task will be to describe the following picture in 10 words – NO more and NO less (if you run out of things to say remember the “Pump Up Your Writing strategy from several weeks ago). You should see a resemblance to the novel we are reading and the picture. Your description should sum up what the picture is about or the Main Idea. We will be sharing some of these tomorrow.
Have a great evening and tomorrow here we come!