I found this picture and it reminded me of today. I know that everyone was ready to have something taught to them today (as well as everyday). The blogs over the next few weeks will be what I call “working” blogs. They will have practice links, website links, information links, game links, and everything that will be needed each day both in class and at home. Therefore, it will be very important to read the blog each day and be familiar with what is required of you. If there is an activity to complete, make sure it is finished and ready for class each day. There will be something put on everyday to that will need your attention. There will not be given any extra time and these activities will be used toward your final grade.
I realize that spring break is only a few days away and that can cause many minds to wander, but staying focused will be necessary.
AGENDA, March 19, 2013:
- Free reading/Exit Ticket – Blocks 2 & 3
- True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle/Exit Ticket – Block 1
- Discussed and completed the main idea blog activity – “A Picture Is Worth A Thousand Words”
- Reviewed the Lesson 1 Assessment answers and strategies for future answers in each skill covered
- Block 1 – finish Monday’s assigned Achieve 3000 article
- HOMEWORK #1 – Complete the ANALOGY practice, answers only. Analogies Practice
- HOMEWORK #2 – Complete the MAIN IDEA practice, answers only. Main Idea Practice
**The links below will be used in class (nothing has to be done with this until used in class)
Idioms Power Point – everyday-idioms (6)
Idioms Examples – http://www.idiomsite.com/
More Idioms – Work Related Idioms
Idiom Game ( you must choose the HARD option)- http://www.funbrain.com/idioms/
**Again, do NOT do anything with these until tomorrow, we will use them then.
See you tomorrow!