Tuesday found NJHS was a very “hot” place to be. It should be going into fall, but it felt like the tropics in the classroom. Luckily, things seemed to cool down by the end of the day and all’s well that ends well.
Speaking of “hot”, the students in my class were doing a wonderful job today. There were major seat changes, which is always a good thing. It is interesting how with a simple change of a seat students can see some of the good qualities other students have and without this change they may have never noticed. Today a lot was accomplished in every block.
Tomorrow is going to be a BIG day. I realize I have put this info on before, but it really bears repeating. All 8th grade ELA students will be taking the AIMS Web Lexile Test tomorrow and Thursday. This will done individually and soon we should have some results. Also, tomorrow is the SUMMATIVE ASSESSMENT over Unit 1. FInally there will be some scores on RDS. Unfortunately the assessment is lengthy and will take some time to grade. Due to the AIMS Web grading will not even begin until Friday. Please be patient and give me a few days. I will have the scores on as soon as I have finished grading.
AGENDA, Tuesday, September 10, 2013:
- Bell Work Writing (IN 8.4.1) – WRITING Sept 10
- Vocabulary Unit 2 – UNIT TWO VOCABULARY – Quiz over words 42 – 51 Friday. Practice on http://quizlet.com/fdqc6 Search 8th Grade NJHS ELA Unit 2 (L.8.2)
- Explanation of procedures and expectations for tomorrows tests
- Sign up to follow class blog https://mrskassenbrocksclass.wordpress.com
- Author’s Purpose and Author’s Point of View (RL.8.6, RI.8.6, IN8.2.7)
SUPPLIES for tomorrow:
- Free reading book
Thanks to those of you who have brought in the Kleenex, it will be put to good use.
Have a great evening, get some rest, and be ready to an amazing job on all of the assessments tomorrow!