It was very nice to have a long weekend, especially with such beautiful fall weather, but it is time to dive back in and get busy. As I have said, today starts the beginning of Grading Period 2 in 8th grade ELA. This will include Units 3, 4, & 5. The following is what will be covered in Unit 3:
- Point of View Conflicting Viewpoints
- Informational Materials
- Writing a Narrative emphasis on: development of narrator & character,point of view, plot, transitions, descriptive vocabulary & sensory language, and conclusions
- Context Clues
- Greek/Latin roots
- Reference Materials
CORY WHITAKER was not only the higher weekly scorer at NJHS, but also the high scorer in the state. This is a HUGE accomplishment and a job well done!
- Vocabulary Unit 3, words 78-92 Practice (40 points, due Friday) UNIT THREE VOCABULARY. Here are the choices for practice VOCABULARY WORDS – Ways to Practice
- Study Guide STUDY GUIDE UNit 3 – Today began Context Clues
- The Tell Tale Heart (Holt Elements of Literature page 537)
- Block 3 – Point of View Manual Presentations – they were GREAT!
The following Power Points will be used for the completion of the study guide – Irony powerpoint
- Vocabulary Unit 3, Words 78-92 (40 points) – DUE FRIDAY
- Achieve 3000 5 articles DUE MONDAY (10/21/2013) Blocks 1 & 2
There will NOT be a reader response today. They will start again tomorrow.