Hey Huskies! If you coulnd’t make it to school today, here is what you missed.
Reminders on things that are due (you can find all of these assignments on google classroom):
- Hooked on Phonics
- Context Clues- short passage
- Context Clues- study guide
- Punctuation is Fun!
- Flowers for Algernon questions through page 44
- Need stamps, envelopes, and Addresses for Huskies Behind the Books
- Vocabulary Flowers for Algernon numbers 1-10( it is the last slide on the power point)
- Once Upon a Time story: last day to turn in (remember if you don’t turn it in Thursday its counted as no credit)
- We also need Kleenex
- A human can survive for 2 minutes unprotected in space.
- 99% of gold is found in the Earth’s core.
- The most expensive piece of equipment that International Space Station has bought was 150 billion.
- 90% of rubbish found in the ocean is plastic.
- AGENDA – Monday, October 20, 2014
- DLR Week #11 – Commas (8.W.6.2.B)
- LDA Pretest
- Read Flowers for Algernon – Holt textbook (8.RL.1)
- Flowers for Algernon ‘Punctuation Is Fun! Editing Practice – see assignment
- Context Clues Study Guide Practice-Due tomorrow (8.RV.2.1)
- HUSKIES: Behind the Books – 3 addresses for donation letters (8.W.1 Write for Varied Purposes; 8.W.5 Short Research; 8.W.6.2 Conventions; 8.W.3.3A-E Argument & Persuasion)
- **Don’t forget to bring in at least 3 postage stamps, 3 legal sized envelopes, and 3 names & addresses of people or businesses for your donation letters for HUSKIES: Behind the Books
- Exit Ticket- Contex Clues
GO HUSKIES!-Emma Cato and Alisha McCormick