Let’s see what’s going on for today…
DLR Week #13 –
• Active & Passive Voice (8.W.6.1.B)
• FREE READ-25 minutes (Building stamina for the upcoming tests) EXIT TICKET (8.RL.1.)
• Allusion Practice – DUE TOMORROW (8.RV.3.1)
• Writing – PERSUASION/ARGUMENT – T-chart Notes Study Guide (8.W.3.3.A-E)
• HUSKIES: Behind the Books Service Learning Project – research (8.W.5); persuasive paragraph (8.W.3.3.A-E); letter (8.W.1)
Today is voting day. You vote for a new senate. While we are currently not able to vote at this age, we encourage you to vote if you are able to. If you don’t vote, you aren’t taking your part in the freedom we earned so long ago.
• We are hoping to mail letters by Friday. Don’t forget to bring in those stamps and envelopes.
• Tissues are always welcome and are much needed.
~Every time you lick a stamp, you’re consuming 1/10 of a calorie.
~The average person falls asleep in 7 minutes.
Quote of the Day:
“If you can imagine it, you can achieve it; if you can dream it, you can become it.” ~William Arthur Ward
This is Madyson Lowe and Grace Johns signing off.