Wednesday Agenda + Standards:
- DLR Week #14- Conventions (8.W.6.2.B)
- Free Read- 25 minutes EXIT TICKET 2nd week- Due Friday
- Persuasive Introductory Paragraph Practice- Grade and Discuss (8.W.3.1.A-E)
- Dictionary Practice- Explanation of terms and page guidelines (8.RV.2.5)
- Writing- Persuasion/Argument Writing Day 2- Graphic Organizer, Read Article, Prewrite (position statement) (8.W.3.1.A-E)
- Huskies Behind the Books- research (8.W.5): persuasive paragraph (8.W.3.1.A-E); letter (8.W.1)
Today is National Chicken Soup for the Soul Day and National Pizza with the Works Except Anchovies Day!
How about some fun facts too!
- Babies have taste buds in their cheeks
- One type of wildflower smells like chocolate
- Popsicles were invented by an 11 year old
- Bubble wrap was originally invented to be used as wallpaper
Everyone need motivational quotes every once in a while.
- Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards. -Soren Kierkegaard
- There are only two ways to live your life. One is as nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle. -Albert Einstein
- Bring your items for the Thanksgiving Baskets by November 19
- We need Kleenexes!!!
- Finish your exit tickets
- Finish your vocabulary
-Emily Wolf and Lili Boss