Good Morning Huskies, I sure hope all you guys are staying warm in these freezing temperatures.
- DLR Week #15 Compare and Contrast Questions – Darry (8.RL.3.1)
- Work on Paired Passage and Writing Assignment (8.RN.2.3; 8.RN.3.2; 8.W.1)
- “Snow Days” Persuasive Writing DUE TODAY (8.W.1)
- The Outsiders – Character Chart (8.RL.2.1); Chapter 1 Questions (8.W.1)
Skills/Standards Learned: We are continuing to learn about dashes (-) for this week.
- PLEASE BRING IN TISSUES!!!
- If you haven’t turned in your food for the baskets, please do so ASAP.
- Mrs. Kassenbroc said that she is very happy with our behavior when Mr. Huff was in the room GREAT JOB!
Help: Here are some websites that could help you with persuasive and argument writing.
The book that I’m reading right now is called Insurgent, it is the second book in the Divergent series. I love the whole Divergent series. In this book the Erudite, led by Eric, have invaded Candor headquarters, which is where the Dauntless have been staying, and they have shot everyone, including Tris, with a serum and gassed them to make them fall unconscious. Next, they started to take the Divergent people hostage, they know this because the divergent are immune to the serum and the gas so they are awake. Tris is surprised to discover that some of her own best friends are divergent too. Just like how her mom and dad used to be. Then, they kill some of the ones that are useless to them, But Tobias, Tris’s boyfriend, saves the day by shooting Eric in the foot and most of the divergent escape. But, later in that week the Erudite have started using the serum that are in the Dauntless to control them, and making them jump off the roof of the building by threes every two days until one of the divergent sacrifices themselves to Erudite headquarters. Who will sacrifice themselves to save the lives of hundreds of people? It all rests on a single person. Will anyone do it? I guess that you’re going to have to find that out for me.
Holidays: Thanksgiving is our next big holiday, and it’s only ONE WEEK AWAY!! It’s also great because we will only have three days of school next week, which means a FOUR DAY WEEKEND!!YES!!!
- A giraffe can clean its ear with its 26 inch long tongue!
- Malusdomesticaphobia is the fear of apples!
- Chromophobia is the fear of colors!
That’s all the announcements for today folks, let’s have a great day GO HUSKIES!!!