Hey, Huskies it’s looking kind of gloomy outside but never in Mrs. Kassenbrock’s class! Micah Pricher and Gabi Cavins are coming to you with today’s blog!
Here’s the agenda…
- Chapters 5-6 & 7-8 Word Webs DUE TODAY, QUIZ TODAY Chapter 5-8 (8.RV.1)
- Free Reading Exit Ticket – Due Friday, December 12, 2014 for grade (8.RL.1)
- VERBAL IRONY-Introduce and give examples of verbal irony (Study Guide)
http://fos.iloveindia.com/verbal-irony-examples.html Read the 1st passage & complete the paragraph together. Students read the remaining 2 passages and complete the paragraphs independently or in small groups. (8.RL.3.3)
- PUNS-Introduce and give examples of puns. (Study Guide)
Do the first two together. Students complete the last three independently or in small groups. (8.RL.3.3)
- Continue The Outsiders – Assign The Outsiders Chapter Questions or use for Class Discussion
- Chess club meets on Wednesdays, starting December 10th. Any student interested in joining, please see Mrs. Courtney Harison
- The Winter Wonderland Dance will be held Fri, Jan 23 from 7-9pm. The dance is free with an $8 PTSA membership.
- One more week till winter break.
- Choir concert is next Tuesday.
- It is impossible to lick you elbow.
- A crocodile can’t stick it’s tongue out.
- People say “Bless you” when you sneeze because when you sneeze, your heatr stops for a mili-second.
- It is physically impossible for pigs to look up into the sky.
- Hot water is heavier than cold.
- Sound travels 15 times faster through steel than through air.
That”s all for today. Go Huskies!