It’s that time of year again where you bring out the oven mitts and aprons. It’s the time to cook the turkey and bake the pumpkin pies. More importantly, it’s about being with your family to celebrate the first Thanksgiving among Native Americans and Pilgrims. We should all be thankful for everything we have and remember not to take things for granted. Now heres what you need to work on before the holiday break is here.
- No DLR!
- Free Reading Exit Ticket-Due Wednesday to check (8.RL.1)
- Kidblog; choose one of the prompts or quotes from chapter 1&2 (8.w.1)
- Study Guide-THEME, 2nd example (8.RL.2.2)
- Introduce Plot Diagram-The Outsiders-Study Guide; Fill out EXPOSITION and INCITING INCIDENT (8.RL.2.1)
- Continue Reading The Outsiders (8.RL.1)
Reminders: PLEASE BRING IN TISSUES!!!! It is starting to be flu season, and if you have a runny nose, you will want tissues. Also, there is a girl’s home basketball game tonight at 5:00. Be there to support your fellow huskies!
- Theme (8.RL.2.2)- if you are having trouble with theme, here is a website that will help http://www.internet4classrooms.com/grade_level_help/literature_theme_language_arts_eighth_8th_grade.htm
- Also we have done some work in class so if you ever feel you need the extra practice copy what we do down on a piece of paper to review later.
Keep up the great work huskies and we hope you all have a safe and happy holiday.
Elizabeth Smith and Grace Rainey